New AKG C414 XLII Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
This microphone closely approximates the sound of the legendary AKG C12. A slight high-frequency rise at 3 kHz and above helps compensate for the natural loss of high frequencies that occurs at a distance, making the C414 XLII an excellent choice for miking vocals & instruments that are positioned far way. The 1" edge-terminated dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a neutral and detailed sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Built and designed in Austria, the C414 XLII comes with a metal carrying case, a spider-type shockmount, a pop filter, and a foam windscreen.
- Dual 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- High-frequency boost at 3 kHZ for distance miking
- Lock Mode for live operation – all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, & 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6,-12,-18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria