New AKG C414 XLS ST Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Matched Pair Stereo Set)
This microphone is designed to closely approximate the sonic character of the vintage C414 B-ULS. The 1" edge-terminated, dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a detailed and natural sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Every factory-matched pair of C414 XLS is created from microphones selected by AKG's computer-aided matching method and provides the highest possible correlation over the microphones' entire frequency range as well as virtually identical sensitivity for natural three-dimensional stereo recordings. Built and designed in Austria, the set comes with a metal carrying case, two spider-type shockmounts, two stand adapters, two foam windscreens, and a stereo bar.
- Dual-diaphragm 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8, wide cardioid, and the intermediate patterns in between
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- Lock Mode for live operation—all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, and 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6, -12, and -18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria