New Radial Engineering USB-Pro Stereo USB Laptop DI Direct Box with Free XLR Cables
The Radial Engineering USB-Pro is a stereo USB laptop DI offering high-resolution conversion and an easy plug-and-play solution for connecting a Mac or Windows computer to a PA system or mixing console. Plus, its integrated headphone amplifier allows convenient signal monitoring at the DI.
The USB-Pro features two balanced XLR 3-pin outputs, which can feed mic- or line-level inputs thanks to the unit's handy level control. The auto-sensing USB input automatically configures the USB-Pro for digital input streams up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution. Since the USB-Pro is bus powered via USB, it requires no batteries, phantom power, or bulky power adapters.
Engage the mono switch to check for phasing, reduce the channel count on your mixer, or facilitate signal duplication to the two XLR outputs. Should hum or buzz caused by ground loops be encountered, the side-panel switches let you insert isolation transformers into the signal path. To further reduce susceptibility to noise, this is augmented with a ground-lift switch that lifts pin 1 on the XLR outputs.
Rugged 14-gauge steel construction along with Radial's bookend design ensure road-worthy reliability while the no-slip pad provides mechanical and electrical isolation.
- Plug-and-play operation requires no drivers
- Built-in headphone amplifier for monitoring
- USB Type-B input for streaming audio from a Mac or Windows computer
- Up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution with automatic format recognition
- Balanced low-impedance XLR outputs
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output jack
- Level control adjusts the main and headphone output signals
- Mono switch with LED indicator sums the stereo input to mono to reduce the channel count or feed two devices at the same time
- Operates via USB bus power
- Power LED indicator
- Rugged 14-gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Bookend design creates a protective zone around the jacks and switches
- No-slip pad provides mechanical and electrical isolation and keeps the unit from sliding around
- Ground-lift switch helps eliminate buzz and hum from ground loops
- Per-channel isolation switches insert isolation transformers into the signal path to help prevent extraneous noise caused by ground loops