iConnectivity mioXM 12-Port Ethernet MIDI Interface and Universal MIDI Hub
The iConnectivity mioXM 12-Port Ethernet MIDI Interface and Universal MIDI Hub is a hub that allows all your MIDI gear to communicate with multiple interfaces and computers, facilitating complex MIDI routing schemes in your studio or on the stage. If you have a sequencer, a synthesizer, a controller, and a drum machine, you can route them all to your host DAW over USB with this device.
But that's not all: thanks to Ethernet connectivity, you can connect to multiple interfaces at once with access to more than 12 ports per device. This is quite helpful for complicated onstage setups. Connect the mioXM over ethernet to a separately available WiFi router to send MIDI wirelessly to iOS devices with the mioXM's complimentary app.
Should you need to change between routing setups on the fly, you can save and recall four presets directly to the device without the need of a computer. With Ethernet connectivity, the mioXM gives you increased physical range as well—up to 330' between you and your interface when using an Ethernet cable.
The device offers four sets of MIDI I/O, all making use of 5-pin DIN connections. You'll also note four USB Type-A host ports and one USB Type-B device port to facilitate your hardware connections. A power supply is included. If your computer does not have USB Type-A ports, you will need to purchase an adapter.
Key Features at a Glance
- 4 x 5-pin DIN MIDI Inputs
- 4 x 5-pin DIN MIDI Outputs
- 4 x USB-MIDI Host ports support multiple USB-MIDI class-compliant devices
- Ethernet RTP-MIDI Network port
- 12 virtual network ports can easily be assigned to onboard DIN and USB ports, as well as any other connected computing devices; these make all MIDI devices accessible to Mac, PC, and mobile computing devices via a single cable.
- Connect multiple computers via expandable virtual network ports
- USB computer port supporting Mac and Windows connectivity
- No drivers required thanks to class compliant connectivity
- Capacitive touch control panel
- Up to four user-definable presets can be stored and recalled from mioXM’s control panel
- iConnectivity’s Auracle 2.0 configuration software for Mac and Windows makes it simple to create and save filtering/routing/merging presets
- Connect iOS devices via CCK to mioXM’s USB device port, Wi-Fi (using 3rd party Wi-Fi Ethernet hub), or wired Ethernet connections