iZotope Exponential Audio R2 Surround Stereo Algorithmic Reverb Software (Download/Activation Card)
Available for download, Exponential Audio R2 Surround from iZotope is an algorithmic reverb that provides a colorful sound. It sports surround support up to 7.1, with 3D linking controls for linking multiple instances of this plug-in. R2 Surround traces its lineage back to the classic Lexicon units of earlier ages, and you can hear that heritage in the reverb's sound.
However, you'll also note the tweakable interface, with dedicated parameters in the Early Reflection, Reverb Attack, and Reverb Tail tabs. To liven up the proceedings even more, there's a Chorus section to add modulation and a Gate tab for creating classic gated reverb sounds.
Whether you're looking for halls, chambers, rooms, or plates, R2 has an algorithm for you. Browse through them all by keyword, or click the magnifying glass in the top right of the GUI to dictate the terms of search. Over 800 presets are provided in total.
This product is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms. It operates in AU, VST, and AAX formats. An iLok account is required for authorizing the plug-in, though an iLok key is not strictly necessary.
Key Features at a Glance
- Lush stereo reverb algorithm
- Support up to 7.1
- 3D controls link multiple plug-in instances
- Easy-to-use modulation effects in Chorus module
- Use Gate to duck reverb and create space in a mix
- Dimension- and frequency-shaping controls for each stage of the reverb signal
- Global high- and low-pass filters
- Independent output controls for attack, early reflections, and tail
- Clear, informative frequency display and responsive UI
- Over 1200 presets (rooms, plates, halls, chambers, and more)
- EuControl support