New Radial Engineering Catapult RX4 Cat 5Snake for Audio/AES Routing (Receiver)
Designed for use with the TX4, the Radial Engineering Catapult RX4 is a snake which accepts four channels of analog or AES audio signal over Ethernet, and routes them into the eight XLR jacks provided. It's useful in live-sound reinforcement applications, as it allows live-sound stage techs to use relatively affordable cable to secure quality audio connections around large stages and venues. It’s also suitable for system contractors, who can now utilize pre-wired networks to move audio throughout disparate rooms.
The Catapult RX4 gives you 2 banks of XLR channels, each sporting four channels. Thus, you can split audio to multiple sources, if that's your desire. You'll also note the two RJ45-type EtherCON connections. One is a multi-channel input, for use with the TX4 on the transmission end. The other is a through-put, and can be implemented in routing signals to additional Catapults. A ground-lift switch helps in eliminating any noise issues on the Cat 5 line, while a steel handle provides easy transport, and four bumpers protect the Ethernet jacks and ground-lift switch from wear and tear.
Key Features at a Glance
- Glass-filled nylon XLR connectors
- Nickel-silver contacts
- Minimal signal degradation over long cable runs
- Low-noise and flat frequency response
- 4 x XLR through-outputs for additional routing
- 1 x Ethernet through-output for feeding additional Catapult models
- Protective steel handle facilitates convenient transportation
- Durable powder coat
- Ground lift for the Cat 5 cable's ground path to mitigate ground-loop noise
- 4 x bumpers used to protect Ethernet connectors and ground-lift switch from damage
- Double-sided military-spec grade circuit board for durability, full ground plane, and a marked reduction in radio-frequency interference
- Radial push switches with durable metal outer casing, rated at over 20,000 cycles